A historical View of Crossroads Atlanta Primitive Baptist Church
Crossroads Church was constituted in 1870 at its present location, by a presbytery made up of several ordained ministers and deacons, Elder D W Patman chosen to moderate and Elder W W Carell to serve as clerk.
The young Church joined the Marietta Association of Primitive Baptist, in that same year.
In April 1987, Crossroads and West Atlanta churches merged and became known as Crossroads Atlanta Primitive Baptist Church. We continue to preach and practice the principles and doctrine upon which it was founded.
A plaque noting the site as that General Sherman used as his headquarters on his approach to Atlanta on July 17th and 18th, 1864, was erected on location by the Riverside West Club in 1954